Earning Coins in DUMO
In DUMO, you are awarded coins when you answer a question correctly. The amount of coins you earn will depend on the number of attempts you took to get it right. You will earn less coins if you had more attempts, so it's best if you answer it correctly in the first try/attempt.
Introduction to Category Score
A category score measures how well you have done thus far for an individual learning category. The score is calculated by comparing the total amount of coins you have earned versus the total amount of coins you could have earned if you did not have any incorrect attempts.
Let's assume you have completed 3 questions in Maths category and:
- For question 1, you got it right in the first attempt
- For question 2, you got it right in the second attempt
- For question 3, you got it right in the third attempt
|Question/Attempt||Attempt #1||Attempt #2||Attempt #3|
|Question 1||5 coins||4 coins||3 coins|
|Question 2||5 coins||4 coins||3 coins|
|Question 3||5 coins||4 coins||3 coins|
So your current score for Maths is:
- Total coins you have earned for Maths: 12 points (5 coins + 4 coins + 3 coins)
- Maximum coins you could have earned: 15 points (5 coins + 5 coins + 5 coins)
- Score = 80% (12 coins / 15 coins)
Note: If you did not have sufficient energy when attempting a task, the task will not be taken into consideration in calculating the category score.